October 8, 2019

"We've forgotten that's it's OK we're all different"

On her TV talk show, Ellen DeGeneres explained why she was hanging out with former President George W. Bush at a Dallas Cowboys football game.

Social media had not been kind to her.  Many had criticized her strongly for simply being friendly with the former president.

"I'm friends with George Bush," she said. "In fact, I'm friends with a lot of people who don't share the same beliefs that I have. 

"We're all different. And I think we've forgotten that that's OK that we're all different... Just because I don't agree with someone on everything doesn't mean that I'm not going to be friends with them. 

"When I say-- be kind to one another, I don't mean only the people that think the same way you do. I mean be kind to everyone. Doesn't matter." 

(Link to the video and source of image.)

No comments:

Post a Comment